If you wish to join a law firm that explores the diverse areas of law in both Cyprus and England then please email your CV, which will be treated in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV using the form available here:
I.Elias & Co L.L.C. is a Solicitors Regulation Authority approved training provider. In order to be considered for a training contract applicants must have successfully completed the Legal Practice Course and applications are to be e-mailed to email@example.com.
1) Corporate lawyer / AML Compliance Officer
- Handle the formation and registration of companies in Cyprus and other jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with registered agents overseas for the registration and dissolution of foreign companies.
- Handle and administer all due diligence procedures, KYC.
- Prepare the Client Acceptance documentation.
- Maintain the Corporate Registers.
- Act as the first point of contact for clients, company employees and counterparties in all areas connected with KYC documents collections, update, certification, provision etc.
- Update internal databases on the client, UBO’s and other matters as requested.
- Arrange for the execution, certification and legalisation of documents.
- Deal with the execution of changes in the structure of companies (including but not limited to shareholding, directorship, share capital, change of name);submission of annual returns and other annual requirements including UBO register filings.
- Liaise with clients, external regulators and professional advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Draft corporate and other documents such as minutes, resolutions, agreements, powers of attorney, registers and letters with respect to the actions of the companies.
- Provide administrative support to lawyers.
- Provide assistance in liquidation proceedings.
- Fulfilling DAC6 reporting requirements.
- Roll out and delivery of comprehensive ongoing training to all members of staff on AML/TF.
- Continuous review of all related laws and regulations to ensure the business always maintains compliance with the required AML laws and regulations.
- Responsible for all the mandatory reporting to the regulators.
- Screening of new clients and parties as requested.
- Undertake training as required.
- University law degree (an LPC or LLM shall be considered an advantage).
- Over 3 years post qualification experience as a corporate lawyer and compliance officer.
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Good working knowledge in Company formation and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Experience with AML and KYC procedures, DAC6 will be considered a strong plus.
- Good communication skills in English and Greek.
- Strong business communication skills.
- Accurate and good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to develop detailed policies and procedures.
- Ability to ensure client confidentiality.
- Eligibility to work in Cyprus.
- Computer proficiency.
Remuneration commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Answering telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Greeting visitors.
- Distributing material, mail and e-mails.
- Directing individuals as appropriate.
- Performing general secretarial and clerical functions.
- Coordinating use of conference rooms and conferencing equipment.
- Performing other related duties for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the office.
- Proper English grammar/punctuation/ spelling/vocabulary.
- Excellent business telephone etiquette.
- Display of tact and courtesy.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Flexibility and adapting to changing priorities.
- Problem solving skills to identify issues.
- Communicating with diverse groups.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Working under limited supervision.
- Knowledge of office equipment/software and office practices.
- Be able to follow standardised procedures.